Last updated January 17, 2019
Ergo Advantage Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with Ergo Advantage Inc. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
- Who is Ergo Advantage Inc.?
- What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed;
- professional and business directories available to the public;
- public registries and court records; and
- other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Ergo is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Ergo identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purposes of:
- communicating with you generally;
- processing your purchases;
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- providing product and services requested by you;
- recommending products and services that Ergo believes will be of interest and provide value to you;
- performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of this site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information (only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose);
- complying with legal and governmental requirements;
- providing our sales representatives with the information they need to contact you and provide excellent service; and
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you.
Otherwise, Ergo will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time. To change your preferences, refer to the “Contact Us” section below.
- Collection of Personal Information
Ergo collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. Ergo will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means. We may collect personal information when you communicate with us, create an online account, make a purchase, request a quote, provide us with feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information.
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We may require a certain amount of personal information to process purchases of products and services.
We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our websites. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide a customer experience tailored to you.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. Cookies may allow you to take advantage of some of Ergo’s essential web features, and as such, we recommend you leave them turned on.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Ergo does not disclose personal information to any organization or person for any reason except the following:
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering products, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information required to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for the above-listed purposes. If your personal information is shared with third parties, those third parties will be bound by appropriate agreements with Ergo to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Ergo retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
- Record Accuracy
Ergo keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the “Contact Us” section below.
- Security Measures
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets;
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers;
- revealing only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order;
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals; and
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using any shared computer.
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- Access to Your Personal Information
You can request access to your personal information stored by Ergo. Please refer to the “Contact Us” section below. Upon receiving such a request, we can:
- inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed;
- provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information; and
- make any necessary updates to your personal information.
- Contact Us
We will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures. You may reach us by contacting us as follows:
- by calling a customer service representative at 519-843-5678;
- by email to our Customer Relations Centre at email@example.com; or
- by mail to:
Ergo Advantage Inc.
630 Glengarry Crescent
Fergus, ON N1M 3E2